The course has two chief objectives:
We aim to give the new believer a firm foundation by teaching on the most foundational aspects of becoming and being a Christian. The former includes the essential initiation steps of conversion, water baptism and baptism in the Holy Spirit. The latter includes the basic elements of the Christian life in each of four directions:
- Towards God: worship, prayer, fasting, the Bible and love.
- Towards the church (each other): community, relationships, accountability and leadership.
- Into the world: evangelism and service.
- Against the enemy: spiritual warfare.
Vision And Values:
The course also serves as an introduction and orientation to Glenridge:
- The talks not only provide a general foundation but they explain our doctrine and practice in each of these areas.
- The last talk focuses specifically on the “headship” (leadership structures), “heartship” (ethos), and “hopeship” (vision, values and ventures) of this church.
PDF – Laying Foundations